Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Apologize . . . For Not Wearing Better Shoes Tonight

I know. I'm sorry.

Flip Flops? What was I thinking?

Here we are: 2 stylish friends out on the town on Saturday night and I'm that guy.

But, side note: I'm in pain. I just ran a half marathon this morning and I needed to be in these flip flops.

Most Awesome Advertisement . . . Ever
Darth Vader called and said, "Luke, it's your destiny." I tried to correct him and say my name is Greg, but, well . . . you can argue with that guy. This is the dude who cut off his son's hand with a light saber, so I wasn't about to get all sassy on a phone call.

So, I wore the flip flops. (And they are Cole Haan flip flops, too! I think name dropping the brand helps here when wearing flip flops out to dinner on a Saturday night in Manhattan.)

And despite the pain I was in: I even tried to compensate by wearing a banging outfit, if I say so myself. (See how I'm such a martyr for you and for fashion?)

Tight white skinny jeans (I know, I'm a slave to trends) and a bright colored stripey sweater from J. Crew. I look all very preppy chic. J. Crew might be calling me to go to Cape Cod right this second to be in some pictures for them for the catalog.

And might I add: I can fit into these skinny jeans because I just ran the aforementioned half marathon today! So, the flip flops were a trade off for skinny jeans if you think about it. Which would you rather I wear: baggy jeans or skinny jeans? Um... yeah, skinny jeans! That's what I thought.

I also accessorized the outfit tonight, as best I could in my fractured state. I brought a super cute tote bag and my Mindy Kaling book, and a blue checkered umbrella, because the sky tonight just looks like it's itching for some rain.

And wow do you have a good memory! Yes, I am re-reading Mindy Kaling's amazing book (for the 3rd time). It's almost as if you really, really love this blog. Good for you!

What? You didn't remember. Ugh, I am so disappointed in you.  I still love you.

Here's your homework, though:
http://iamsogayblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/am-i-naked-in-this-blog-or-am-i-just.html

Getting back on track: Mindy Kaling's book in my cute shoulder tote possibly makes me the coolest guy in the East Village tonight. Sure, their outfits all look cheap and cost millions of dollars. Sure, there is a Great Gatsby party going on in the other room with guys LITERALLY in tuxedos. (This is true. They ordered drinks in small little glasses, fancy dresses, the works. And they were obnoxious and oblivious to the other patrons enjoying dinner around them. But, more importantly, I still can't believe those jerks in tuxes had to show me up like that.)

And sure, I am wearing flip flops.

But, you're my friend and you like me. So, maybe I am just the coolest guy in the room because of that fact alone.

You were so great that you didn't even notice that I was wearing flip flops. Until I brought it up like an idiot. You were just impressed that I was able to rally the rest of my body into going from Brooklyn into Manhattan and was able to walk. Because you're cool like that.

They're crazy awesome, right?
But, next time we hang, I will be rocking shoes. I promise. Unless we hang out at the beach. Or any time in August.

Otherwise, I may just one-up those loud (incredibly loud) Gatsby fools with my array of awesome shoes. And then the world can breathe a sigh of relief. Because my Grey and Pink Cole Haan shoes (name dropping) will always trump those guys.

Love,
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment