Friday, June 15, 2012

I Am So Gay.... My First Gay Post!

I am so gay.

Like..... soooooooo gay. So ... very ... gay.

I'm gayer than your gayest uncle ever!!! Well, maybe not. But you get my point.

And that is ...  kind of ... the point to my blog. No, it's not to tell you about some random gay guy (or is it?) but it's really about my big ol' gay life in the city.

I am a 33 year old single gay male in NYC. I work. I run. I drink.  Cliche?  You bet.

In response to the been there-done that factor of yet another gay male blog, I have already anticipated your questions!

"Will this be like an episode of Will and Grace?" Sure! It's nothing like that and more!



"Do you live somewhere trendy in the city, like Soho?" I actually do. I am in the ultra hip Brooklyn (yep! So cool, I know) neighborhood of Kensington. It's regal. It's like a British colony that never existed. Or - if you map my apartment back to the nearest public library, I may live in Windsor Terrace. I live somewhere so cool - I have no idea where I live. It's that awesome, I know! What can I say? I got lucky!

"Are you always at some hot new club or spot in the city?" If you count a Netflix date alone with wine, then yes! (Netflix is not a official paid sponsor ... yet) To be completely honest, as you will learn, I actually don't really club it up, so that will probably make me lose a 1,000 gay points to you, huh? But, I work in the fashion industry - so HA! That just got me a million gay points back on the scorecard. Am I right, friend?

So, here's the deal. I have all kinds of interactions in this city and beyond - and most of them are funny. (Dating, especially!)

And some of them are sad. (Dating, especially!)

But that's pretty much the point of life. Man! There are going to be some funny, freaking great parts to life. But just when you're waking up, having coffee, starting your day, feeling great, you realize - oh, it's raining. Well, life is like that. It's all sunny and then - bam, some clouds.




I have to say - as growing up repressed and afraid of my sexuality, afraid of living life in many ways, it has been a journey of a lot of sun and then some clouds. And sometimes.... there have been a lot of clouds. But, the most important thing I have maintained throughout was to laugh. I found the humor in all of it. I'm not really sure who in my family passed down the funny bone into my DNA, but thank you, deranged alcoholic relative. (I kid - none of my relatives are actually deranged.... odd, crazy maybe, but...I digress).

So, there's humor even with my title, my mission statement here, and how I present myself to the world. This is about embracing life. Taking trips I always wanted to take. Having an adventure. Ordering something crazy bad for you at a meal. Wearing red shoes and short shorts to work (which I do and I look aaaa-maze-ing!) Because humor and being honest is ultimately freeing. I made a decision around my 30th birthday that this was my life, not yours, not hers, not his - it's mine, suckas! (Samuel L. Jackson voice) So, I'm going to live this life my way and I'm gonna get all these damn snakes off this damn plane!!!

The point to this blog: You are going to hear quite a few stories about me.  I'm Greg. And I'm so gay. So, grab some alcohol as I always do (where are the straws for this wine bottle?), a hot guy, some glo sticks, or whatever you wear when you cozy up to your computer (What? You don't bring glo sticks? Oh I guess you're really fancy and use a lamp! How lofty of you!)

But don't forget - I am sooooo gay. And now so are you for reading this.

Love,
Me



2 comments:

  1. OK, so I am gay, you got me figured out!!!! However I am only gay by association. I knew you were gay ever since you were a child, but I didn't and still don't care. You deserve all that life has to offer regardless of what the bigots of the world think of people that are different from them. Don't ever try and change who you are for anyone or anything, be yourself and people don't like it then they don't deserve to have the honor of your friendship. I love you for who you are not your sexual orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more tales! You've got my support 110%!

    ReplyDelete